Tips For Selecting A Realtor
As your Real Estate Professional, we are:
- Creative and solution-oriented on helping you sell your home.
- Aware of the complicated local and state requirements affecting your transaction.
- Effective in multi-party, face-to-face negotiations.
- Highly-trained, with access to programs for continued learning and additional certifications.
- Resourceful in attracting the largest possible pool of potential buyers.
- Knowledgeable in the technology resources that facilitate the transaction.
- Assisted by a fully-staffed marketing department.
- Supported by professional legal counsel.
- Have a sense of humor, and help make the sale of your home an effective, productive, enjoyable experience.
Developing Market Strategy
In order to sell your home quickly and on with the best possible terms, it's necessary to prepare your home for the market. This process includes:
- Deciding when to put your home on the market.
- Establishing a strategic price based on recent comparable sales, local market conditions and your motivation to sell.
- Estimating probable net proceeds.
- Advising you on how to make your home more appealing to potential buyers, and help you find the service providers who can perform the staging and repair work needed.
- Ordering a "FOR SALE" sign to be placed prominently on your property.
- Installing a lock-box to make it easy for agents to show your home.
- Submitting your home to the regional Multiple Listing Service (MLS) for immediate exposure to the real estate community, as well as several other real estate sites frequented by home-buyers.
- Arranging Realtors in the area to tour the home.
- Featuring your property on our Team Traverso web site, on REALTOR.com, and on other real estate web sites frequently used by home-buyers.
- Developing a flyer/brochure highlighting the features and benefits of your home.
- Promoting your home at the appropriate Association(s) of Realtors' for maximum exposure to other cooperating agents.
- Holding open houses when appropriate.
- Contacting your neighbors and advising them about the sale of your home.
- Advertising your property on our regular office schedule meetings.
- Asking clients and colleagues if they know of possible buyers.
Managing the Transaction
We will actively monitor and manage the transaction, and keep you informed of the status of the process.
Negotiating the Offer
We will present and explain all offers to you as soon as we can get together with you. You will be able to accept, reject, or counter any offer presented. During the negotiation process, we will utilize our experience and skills to advocate your interests:
- Reviewing the contract and obligations before you sign.
- Explaining how contingencies and release clauses work.
- Protecting you from signing a "blank check" for unknown problems or repairs.
- Advising your about legal disclosure requirements.
Actively try to obtain “back-up” offers for you, if possible. Throughout the negotiation, we will provide you with a professional, objective point of view; but the final decision of accepting an offer is yours.
After the Offer is Accepted
Once an offer is accepted, we will manage all the details to make the process as stress-free and efficient as possible:
- Staying in contact with the buyer's agent to ensure a smooth escrow.
- Following up on the progress of the buyer's loan.
- Monitoring all contingency removal deadlines.
- Assisting you if a conflict with the buyer arises.
Finalizing and Closing the Transaction
Finalizing the process includes reviewing all closing documents and ensuring both parties have copies. When the transaction has closed, we will arrange delivery of the closing check to you and the keys to the new owner.
Selecting a Realtor
Your most important decision when selling your home is the selection of the Realtor you choose to represent you.
Our job as your Realtor is to educate you to the current market, help you develop a competitive, market-based price for your home, develop and implement an effective marketing program for the sale of your home, help you evaluate all offers, advise you on negotiating the terms of the sale, carefully manage the inspection and contingency removal process to help ensure that it goes smoothly and concludes successfully, and to keep you fully-informed on a timely basis throughout the entire process.
We will explain the process of selling a home, and familiarize you with the various activities, documents and procedures that you will experience throughout the transaction.
Make the Right Move
Buying or Selling, Call Today! 916-869-0040